- High performance adhesive forms strong bonds on most vinyls and plastics
- Resists weathering, water, plasticizer migration and fuels
- Non-yellowing formula for outdoor use
- Provides strong, quick drying flexible bonds
- Proven to not stain flexible vinyls
3M™ Plastic Adhesive 2262 dries quickly with an open time of approximately 20 minutes. Its assembled bonds are proven to be strong while resisting weathering as well as damage from water and the sun. Additionally, it bonds well to plastics and vinyl, providing long-term adhesion as well as good resistance to plasticizer migration.
High performance adhesive bonds firmly to most plastics and vinyls
Ideal for Vinyl & Plastic
Our 3M™ Plastic Adhesive 2262 bonds to a variety of substrates primarily leather and most vinyl sheeting as used in awnings, upholstery and faux leather as well as plastics, for a strong, enduring bond.
Speed Up the Bonding Process
- Bonding most vinyls and plastics (not recommended for polyolefin plastic bonding)
- Aftermarket automotive repair, including panel installation and upholstery
- Banners and awnings
- General industrial
With, 3M™ Plastic Adhesive 2262 you can quickly meet the requirements of your bonding application. This fast drying adhesive forms a durable bond at room temperature that will not yellow when exposed to UV or sunlight.
Applying Your Adhesive
Whether it is being brushed or rolled on, the application of your 3M™ adhesive is a straightforward process. Start by carefully applying your adhesive to your surface until you've formed a uniform coat. The application of one coat should prove sufficient for most surfaces. Some substrates, including porous materials, may require an additional coat. In order to apply additional adhesive, simply wait until the existing adhesive becomes dry to the touch, and then proceed with the application of the additional coat.
Click here for more information on 3M Industrial Adhesives
(PDF, 20 Mb)