- Removes cleanly for up to six months from most opaque surfaces even after UV exposure to sun and outdoor weathering
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Available in slate blue, black and olive colors
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application on rough surfaces. 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 has a unique construction that allows for applications indoors and outdoors. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to six months after application.
3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 was tested according to UL723, ASTM E84. The tape can be used at temperatures up to 200°F.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 was tested in accordance with UL723, ASTM E84. Due to its ability to remove cleanly, it is an excellent choice for containment operations, where it can also provide a tight seal for attaching poly draping and closing cuffs. Available colors include slate blue, black and olive. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
We offer 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 in a variety of colors to enhance utility and aesthetics. Our sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
Built to Stick
- Capping pipe
- Temporary weather sealing
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, these tapes are best known for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.