- Available in a variety of forms for aggressive to fine sanding on wood surfaces
- Durable, F-weight paper backing resists tearing and extends the useful life-span
- Aluminum oxide mineral provides an aggressive cut and a consistent, fine finish
- Closed coat provides greater grain density and finer finish on hard woods
- Anti-static treatment helps manage dust and loading
3M™ Paper 366UZ is a general purpose abrasive sanding paper constructed on a heavy, F-weight backing and features an anti-static treatment to help prevent loading. The aluminum oxide abrasive and thick backing make this paper an ideal product for heavy sanding applications such as aggressive wood sanding and stock removal.
- Lighter Backings — finer grits for finishing or blending
- Heavier Backings — coarser grits for dimensioning or stock removal
Flexible Lighter Backing
Rigid Heavier Backing
Premium aluminum oxide mineral on a heavy F wt. paper
Aluminum Oxide Abrasive
This paper uses aluminum oxide abrasive mineral, which is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength, it is widely used for sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for use on a wide variety of materials in Woodworking
(PDF, 20.55 Mb).
Heat and Static Resistance
This paper also uses a resin bonding which is specially designed to resist thermal deterioration, which can occur during sanding. This bond is very tough and excellent for precision work on hard and soft wood. This also allows for faster sanding and a higher cut rate. This belt also features our 3M dust management technology that reduces static in the dust particles, allowing them to be pulled away more easily when coupled with an efficient dust collection system.