- Fluoropolymer film is inherently resistant to chemicals and environmental agents to provide excellent substrate protection and long-term color stability
- Acrylic adhesive provides high initial adhesion and long-term holding power to a variety of substrates
- Meets industry flame resistance requirements for aircraft interiors, and has successfully been used in general aviation, commercial and military aircraft applications
- Usable for surface protection and paint replacement applications
- Conforms to features with irregular surfaces such as rivet heads, doublers and welded seams
3M™ Paint Replacement Tape 5004 is a fluoropolymer film coated with an acrylic adhesive. This tape is designed to provide excellent substrate protection and serve as a high performance, low surface energy solution for both interior and exterior applications. This fluoropolymer film is more chemically resistant than urethane protective films, making it ideal to resist fluid ingress.
Paint Replacement Tape 5004 can also be applied to help prevent fan cowl fluid ingression
Excellent Substrate Protection
3M™ Paint Replacement Tape 5004 is a 3.5 mil fluoropolymer film with a 2 mil acrylic adhesive. The fluoropolymer film's low surface energy makes it inherently resistant to moisture, chemicals and environmental agents. It offers excellent substrate protection and paint replacement, as well as long-term color stability. It is commonly used for interior and exterior aircraft applications. 3M™ Paint Replacement Tape 5004 meets industry flame resistance requirements for aircraft interiors, and has successfully been used in general aviation, commercial and military aircraft applications. It can be used up to 225°F, which is higher than most polyurethane coatings.
Fluoropolymer film with acrylic adhesive that provides high performance, low surface energy coating
Adhere with Acrylic
This tape features a pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive that adheres immediately on contact to a variety of substrates. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide high, secure adhesion for extended periods. This acrylic adhesive maintains adhesion in climate and temperature change variations and resists yellowing in long-term use.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Creating efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants and other products that effectively reduce costs.
*For erosion protection applications where the surface is a heated leading edge or component, please contact 3M for technical assistance.