- Rubber adhesive provides strong tack and adhesion, and resists lifting
- Clean removal from many surfaces following multi-bake or high temperature bake
- Smooth mini-crepe paper backing conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Strong backing is easy to tear, yet resists slivering and provides one-piece removal
- Controlled unwind dispenses evenly, reducing fatigue
3M™ Paint Masking Tape 231/231A is a premium high-performance crepe paper masking tape designed to meet aerospace needs in most painting applications, including the use of multiple bake cycles. Our smooth masking tape embodies all the features that are desirable in a paint masking tape and designed specifically for the aerospace market.
What is Masking Tape?
- Large scale paint operations in the aerospace industry
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.