- 25 individual PPS™ Lids only
- Designed for use with the original 3M™ PPS™ paint preparation system
- Fits Large/Standard and Midi PPS™ cup sizes for a wide range of jobs
- Choose 200 micron or 125 micron filters for solvent or waterborne paint systems
- PPS™ is an all-in-one disposable solution for mixing and measuring, filtering, spraying
- System enables the painter to consistently spray at 90 degrees to the part, no matter the part orientation (even upside down)
- Reduces chance of outside contamination, maintains consistent material transfer and reduces paint consumption
- PPS™ reduces cleaning solvent consumption by up to 70%
- Reduces prep and clean-up time by as much as 50%
- System delivers improved quality, lower material cost, less solvent consumption, improved productivity, less mess and easier use
3M™ PPS™ Lids come in cases containing 25 lids, each with a welded-in filter to strain coating material while spraying, for use with the 3M™ PPS™ paint preparation system. 2 Lid sizes are available for a range of jobs large (fit with standard and large cups and liners) and small (fit with Midi cups and liners).
3M™ PPS™ Standard and Large Lids excellent for 3-panel and 4-panel repairs
Bulk Lids for Added Efficiency with 3M™ PPS™
Excellent for stocking PPS™ Lids efficiently and cost-effectively, 3M™ PPS™ Lids are available in cases containing 25 disposable lids with pre-welded micron filters for straining paint materials. Lids feature either 125 micron filters (light blue)), often recommended for water-borne paint materials; or 200 micron filters (clear) for traditional solvent-based paint materials. Always reference the paint manufacturer to ensure the recommended filter to strain the paint material.
Lids and sealing plugs are designed specifically for the 3M™ PPS™ paint preparation system.
Lids are sized for the range of 3M™ PPS™ Cups, allowing technicians to up to 28 fluid oz (850 mL). Lid sizes include:
Advantages of the 3M™ PPS™ System
- 3M™ PPS™ Midi Lids — for use with 13.5 fluid oz (400mL) 3M™ PPS™ Cups, ideal for spot and 2-panel repairs
- 3M™ PPS™ Standard and Large Lids — for use with 22 fluid oz (650mL) and 28 fluid oz (850mL) PPS™ Cups, excellent for 3-panel and 4-panel repairs
Unlike conventional paint cup systems, our 3M™ PPS™
(PDF, 706.8 Kb) eliminates the need for mixing paint in additional paint mix cups and then transferring the paint through a separate filter into a paint reservoir. This is an important advantage because waste occurs every time that a user transfers paint through mixing cups and filters. With PPS™, you place the disposable liner within the re-usable PPS™ Cup
. Then simply mix the paint in the PPS™ disposable liner, snap the disposable lid (with the pre-welded filter) in place and attach the locking collar to complete the PPS™ System. With just these few simple steps, you're ready to start spraying.
Your Spray Gun Functions at any Angle, Even Upside Down
PPS™ allows the painter to spray consistently 90° to the part, no matter how the part is positioned. This makes material transfer more consistent, limits paint overspray and lowers paint consumption. Because PPS is a closed system, you can operate in any orientation - i.e. 360 degrees.
3M™ Accuspray™ ONE spray gun with PPS™
Clean Up is a Breeze and Uses Less Solvent
After spraying, the painter can use a sealing plug to seal and protect paint materials or simply discard disposable lid and liner, leaving only the adapter and spray gun to clean. Discard the disposable lid and liner in the appropriate approved waste containers specified by the paint manufacturer (or local government requirements). Use a small amount of solvent for cleaning the spray gun and the PPS™ adapter
. With this disposable paint system, shops are often experiencing a 70% reduction in cleaning solvents, which means solvent cleaning savings and solvent disposal savings. Most guns can be cleaned with less than 3 oz. of solvent.
A Versatile System that Works with Most Spray Guns
Specifically designed PPS™ stainless steel metal adapters allow painters to use the PPS™ system with virtually any spray gun
(PDF, 310.0 Kb). Painters have also the option to use the 3M™ Accuspray™ ONE spray gun
. which requires no adapters. Technicians have found that this spray gun further reduces cleaning solvent usage and cleaning and maintenance time.
Reduces the Chance of Contamination Between Jobs
Because the painter uses a new disposable lid (with welded-in filter) and disposable liner for each mix, there is less risk of outside contamination due to mixing, filtering, and clean up. Using a fresh lid and liner with each paint job, rather than washing out reusable components, often improves overall productivity in prep and clean-up time by as much as 50%.
The Bottom Line: Why 3M™ PPS™ is the Paint & Coatings Spray System of Choice
3M™ PPS™ is an all-in-one disposable painting system that produces cleaner jobs, saves on paint consumption and reduces solvent usage by up to 70%. You'll find that technicians operate with greater efficiency and spend less time on cleaning tasks. 3M PPS offers many advantages for any one spraying liquid coatings from a spray gun with cup.
Learn More About 3M™ Accuspray™ ONE with PPS™