- Designed for use with stucco and other coated exteriors
- Removes cleanly for up to one month after UV exposure to sun and outdoor weathering
- Sticks immediately and stays on reliably
- Strong water-resistant backing resists moisture
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Includes a high-visibility red backing
Constructed of polyethylene film with a synthetic rubber adhesive, 3M™ Outdoor Masking Poly Tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application on stucco and other challenging, coated exteriors. This economical tape was constructed to allow for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to one month after application.
Hold, patch and seam heavy poly sheeting
Perfectly Suited for Stucco
Our 3M™ Outdoor Masking Poly Tape 5903 is a multipurpose tape that has proven to work especially well when applied to stucco and other coated exteriors. It is a tape that is sturdy yet removes cleanly to preserve the quality and look of finished work. 3M™ Outdoor Masking Poly Tape 5903
(PDF, 2.17 Mb) can be used in a variety of masking, patching, bundling and labeling jobs. It removes cleanly from most opaque surfaces up to one month — an important feature that can improve the quality and aesthetic appeal of your finished jobs. Additionally, this UV resistant tape has a conformable backing, adding to its versatility in a range of applications.
What is Masking Tape?
- Outdoor masking for stucco
- Protecting window and door frames during construction
- Masking sealed masonry or brick
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.