- Multi-strand twisted yarn made from 3M™ Nextel™ 312 continuous ceramic oxide fiber
- Flexible and chemically resistant strand is useful in textile processing
- Offers flame resistance properties and is electrically insulating
- Good mechanical properties at high temperatures
- Non-hygroscopic and non-oxidizing
- Good abrasion resistance
- Low shrinkage after thermal cycling
3M™ Nextel™ Yarn 312 is made from 3M™ Nextel™ 312 Grade continuous filament ceramic oxide fiber that is designed to maintain strength and flexibility under a variety of extremely high temperature conditions. The 3M Nextel yarn portfolio outperforms the useful limits of many other high temperature yarns for high temperature strength and insulation in industrial, aerospace and other applications.
Nextel yarns from 3M are often packaged and sold in braider pack form
3M™ Nextel™ Yarn 312 is made from 312 continuous filament ceramic oxide roving in 600, 900, 1800 and 3600 denier inputs, and numerous roving counts. This material is designed to maintain strength and flexibility while withstanding continuous high temperatures. Nextel yarn 312 is ideal for high temperature industrial and aerospace applications. This yarn can be used as an input material to make different textiles to meet user needs. 3M Nextel Ceramic Fibers represent a major advancement in refractory fiber technology. The yarn can be used to make a variety ceramic textiles including fabrics, tapes, sleevings and sewing threads. Because the fibers are flexible, continuous and strong, textiles can be produced without the aid of other fibers or wire inserts.
Plied yarn is an assembly of two or more previously twisted yarns. Whereas, yarn is an assembly of one or more strands twisted together. Nextel yarns include different twist/turn and plied yarn designs.
Nextel yarns from 3M are often packaged and sold in braider pack form. These spools/bobbins are well-suited for many braider machines. In addition, these materials are sold in larger size spools which gives the customer flexibility to place the yarn on the custom size braider spools or deploy into other textile forms.
Nextel yarns from 3M are designed to meet the toughest thermal, mechanical and electrical performance requirements. They are heat, flame and oxidation resistant; and chemically resistant, lightweight, electrically insulating and flexible.
- Industrial high temperature insulation components
- Metal high temperature processing components
- High temperature electrical braided insulations
- Thermocouple insulation
- Thermal shielding for aerospace and industrial
Heat, flame and oxidation resistant