- Durable chopped fiber improves mechanical and thermal properties
- Multiple lengths, including custom lengths, available to fit user needs
- Very high creep resistance makes 3M™ Nextel™ Chopped Fiber 720 an excellent choice when making panels
- Chopped fibers help improve thermal shock resistance
3M™ Nextel™ Chopped Fiber 720 is made from 3M™ Nextel™ Fibers that are well-suited for use in composite applications – as a filler or as a reinforcement – to improve mechanical and thermal properties. The fibers are commonly chopped to 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2" lengths but custom lengths are also available upon request.
Makes an excellent filler that can serve as a reinforcement to improve mechanical and thermal properties
Extensive line of 3M™ Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles and Composites provide outstanding thermal protection
Additionally, Nextel chopped fiber 720 provides very high creep resistance. If you are thinking about making a panel that will experience high temperatures and thermal cycling, then Nextel chopped fiber 720 would be an excellent choice.
Nextel chopped fiber 720 is part of an extensive line of 3M™ Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles and Composites that provide innovative solutions in industries from aerospace to petroleum refining to metal processing. The outstanding thermal protection provided by Nextel fabrics, tapes and sleevings allows engineers and manufacturers to handle extremely high temperature applications.
- Composite applications
- Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC)
- Metal Matrix Composite (MMC)
- Polymer Matrix Composite (PMC)