- Durable chopped fiber improves mechanical and thermal properties
- Multiple lengths, including custom lengths, available to fit user needs
- Chopped fibers help improve thermal shock resistance
3M™ Nextel™ Chopped Fiber 610 is made from alumina-based 3M™ Nextel™ Fibers that are well-suited for use in composite applications – as a filler or as a reinforcement – to improve mechanical and thermal properties. The fibers are commonly chopped to 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2" lengths but custom lengths are also available upon request.
An excellent filler that can serve as a reinforcement to improve mechanical and thermal properties
Nextel chopped fiber 610 is part of an extensive line of 3M™ Nextel™ Ceramic Textiles and Composites that provide innovative solutions in industries from aerospace to petroleum refining to metal processing. The outstanding thermal protection provided by Nextel fabrics, tapes and sleevings allows engineers and manufacturers to handle extremely high temperature applications.
Innovative solutions in industries from aerospace to petroleum refining to metal processing
- Composite applications
- Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC)
- Metal Matrix Composite (MMC)
- Polymer Matrix Composite (PMC)