- Automatic height and width adjustments to seal a variety of case sizes on the same production line
- Programmable Logic Controller provides precise application to help improve productivity
- Twin gear motor drives offer durability and dependability
- Upper and lower side belt drives offer workhorse dependability for cases up to 200 lbs.
- Seals up to 10 random sized boxes per minute
- 3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Taping Heads offer low impact sealing that protects cases
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks is designed to seal random king size cases up to 30" wide by 50" high and weighing up to 200 lbs. This versatile machine seals up to 10 cases per minute with 2-3” (48-72mm) Scotch® box sealing tape, and it automatically adjusts to the height and width of each case so it can seal for multiple production lines at once.
Automatically adjusts to different sizes of extra-large containers
Taping Heads Provide Low Impact Sealing
- Seals top and bottom flaps on a broad range of regular slotted containers
- And other industries with large size regular slotted containers
Designed to apply a "C" clip of 2-3" (48-72mm) Scotch™ box sealing tape, the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Taping Heads seal the top and bottom center seams at speeds of up to 10 cases per minute. With a flowing, curvilinear form for low impact and consistent application, 3M™ AccuGlide™ taping heads help protect the boxes while providing greater case throughput.
The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Taping Process
A regular slotted container (RSC) is placed on the conveyor and pushed onto the drive belts, which convey the box into the taping head. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box, continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer. Taping heads usually function in pairs to tape two seams of a case.
Programmable Logic Controller Provides Precise Operation
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks is controlled by a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which helps improve productivity and provides precise operation. All controls are clearly marked, and the automatic box stop gate makes it easy for one operator to load long boxes. Even though it's designed to handle extra-large cases, the sealer's compact, rugged steel frame makes it ideal for small work areas so it can be integrated into any production line. Dual side belt drives offer workhorse dependability for handling cases up to 200 pounds.
3M tapes designed for use with the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks:
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 355
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 373
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 375
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3072
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3073
And any of our other Scotch® or Tartan™ Box Sealing Tapes.
Accessories Available for the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
- 3M-Matic™ Casters: Locking / swivel design for easily moving the case sealer from one production area to another
- 3M-Matic™ Infeed/Exit Conveyor: allows the cases to be more easily staged and fed into and out of the case sealer
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks brochure
(PDF, 920.6 Kb)
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800rks manual
(PDF, 3.91 Mb)