- Automatically folds flaps for precise sealing
- Quickly and easily adjusts to a wide range of case heights and widths
- Energy Savings Option automatically shuts sealer off if no box is present
- Traction-grip drive belts on each side center and stabilize a variety of case sizes
- 3M™AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads allow for low impact sealing that protects cases
- Designed to seal up to 40 uniform cases per minute
- Centrally located emergency stop on each side for easy access
3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800af3 with 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head is a manually adjustable case sealer that folds the top flaps for sealing without the need for an operator. The twin gear motor drives power traction-grip drive belts on each side to center and stabilize cases up to 85 lbs. (38kg). This case sealer uses 2-3” (48-72mm) Scotch® box sealing tapes and seals up to 40 cases per minute.
Energy Savings Option
- Food and beverage
- Medical devices
- Manufacturing and distribution centers
The Energy Saving Control Button is located on the column below the Emergency Stop Button on the Operator side of the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800af3. Pressing the lighted Energy Saving Control Button engages / disengages this feature. When engaged, the drive belts will stop if there is not a continuous flow of boxes through the machine. Inserting a box will re-start the machine.
Taping Heads Provide Low Impact Sealing
Designed to apply a "C" clip of Scotch® box sealing tape, the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Heads seal the top and bottom center seams. With a flowing, curvilinear form for low impact and consistent application, 3M™ AccuGlide™ taping heads help protect the boxes while providing greater case throughput. Dual masts with dual crossbars provide stronger taping head stability.
The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Process
A regular slotted container (RSC) is placed on the conveyor and pushed into the drive belts, which convey the box into the taping head. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ 3 Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box, continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer. Taping heads usually function in pairs to tape two seams of a case, either in an upper and lower configuration to tape top and bottom or mounted left and right to seal cases lying on their sides.
3M Tapes designed for use with the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800af3
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 355
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 371
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 373
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 375
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3071
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3072
- Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 3073
And any of our other Scotch® or Tartan™ Box Sealing Tapes.
Accessories Available for the 3M-Matic™ Case Sealer 800af3
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
3M-Matic™ Automatic Adjustable Case Sealer 800af / 800af3 brochure
(PDF, 203.14 Kb)