- Highly intumescent – swells when heated, protecting the material underneath or sealing a gap in a fire
- Smoke seal helps retard the spread of smoke when used in conjunction with an approved sealant
- Helps retard the transmission of heat
- Maintains the integrity of the fire-rated structure
- Extremely flexible to conform to a particular space
- Easy to cut for efficient installation
3M™ Marine Fire Wrap is a flexible, graphite-based intumescent wrap that helps retard the transmission of heat. The unique intumescent property material means that as cables are consumed by fire, the 3M™ Marine Fire Wrap expands to fill in the voids around and between the cables, forming a tight seal that helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke and other byproducts of combustion.
Maintains the integrity of the fire-rated structure
Because 3M™ Marine Fire Wrap
(PDF, 449.9 Kb) is constructed with intumescent qualities, it swells up when heated, forming a solid char plug that seals a gap in the event of a fire. This wrap begins expanding at 410°F (210°C) and significantly expands at 555°F (290°C). The wrap comes in roll 1/4" thick by 4" wide by 10' long (6 mm thick by 100 mm wide by 3.05 m long).
- Cable Penetrations
- Steel Decks
Smoke seal — retards the spread of deadly smoke when used in conjunction with an approved sealant
Coast Guard and Navy Compliant
Our 3M™ Marine Fire Wrap is ideal for firestopping cable penetrations in rated decks and bulkheads. The wrap is listed with Southwest Research Institute, an independent testing agency. 3M™ Marine Fire Wrap
(PDF, 190.72 Kb) is part of a firestop system that has been fire tested and evaluated under the pass/fail criteria of IMO Resolution A.754 (18) and UL 1709. This firestop system complies with the requirements of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Navy.