- Good thermal performance for long term applications at moderate temperatures
- Use in applications that experience short high temperature excursions
- Provides robust damping performance in applications that require low outgassing and ionic levels and still provide robust damping performance
- Typical damping performance for Loss Factor and Storage Modulus falls between the 3M™ Viscoelastic Damping Polymers 112 and 130
- Use in vibration and shock isolation designs
3M™ Ultra-Pure Viscoelastic Damping Polymer 242NR02 is a .002" thick adhesive with a dual film liner used for low outgassing and ionics. It has a typical temperature range for good damping of 0-65°C, allowing it to offer good thermal performance for long term applications at moderate temperatures.
Use in applications that experience short high temperature excursions
Versatile Damping Solutions
3M™ Ultra-Pure Viscoelastic Damping Polymer 242NR02 is specifically designed to help reduce vibration and shock problems in electronics, appliance, automobiles and aircraft. Featuring liners of various thickness, the damping polymer is a versatile material that can be adapted to a variety of applications. Each damping polymer is enhanced for thermal stability and damping performance for long term applications at moderate temperature and short term applications at high temperature.
Standard and Ultra-Pure Performance
- Cover dampers
- Damped laminate constructions
- Suspension dampers
- Panel dampers
- Space craft applications
- Any industry where outgassing is a concern
3M™ Viscoelastic Damping Polymers are available in standard and ultra-pure construction. Standard damping polymers feature an enhanced acrylic polymer for improved vibration damping. The ultra-pure polymer has the added benefit of low outgassing and ionics. Choose the damping polymer construction to meet the needs of your specific application.