- Creates textured or printed patterns for interior automotive trim parts
- Fine relief creates slightly raised “touchable” texture that holds even after elongation
- Excellent elongating properties – film wraps around components for additional protection
- Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT) application helps ensure consistency across complex shapes
- Easily change the finish to allow different trim levels to meet regional needs
- Enables easy tuning of color and gloss for a wide variety of colors
- Textures and colors can be combined to create a wide variety of finishes
- Custom finishes are developed jointly between 3M and OEM design studios for specific models
3M™ Interior Trim Film - Relief Color Graphical Series is a designed to create textured or printed relief patterns on interior automotive trim and components. Film features a 300% elongation property for maximum coverage and protection across parting lines. Custom-designed films are applied using Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT) to help retain design appearance and texture during the process.
3M films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image
Distinctive Relief Patterns for OEM Automotive Interiors
3M™ Interior Trim Film - Relief Color Graphical Series is a versatile and efficient method for creating truly distinctive automotive interiors. This film creates the appearance of custom-crafted designs on internal automotive components without the added expense. These textured or printed patterns are slightly raised to create a "touchable" feel to the component that adds dimension and depth to its appearance. In most cases, the film is supplied in custom finishes developed jointly between 3M and the individual OEM design studio. Automotive OEM designers can specify films in a wide variety of relief textures and patterns for singular model and brand differentiation. The film can also be easily tuned for gloss and color to meet precise design specifications.
Films are applied using DVT to help retain design appearances and texture
This interior automotive film features excellent tensile strength and deep draw capabilities — with an elongation property of 300% at forming temperatures. This makes it suitable for stretching tightly around components for conformability, coverage and protection even across parting lines without compromising relief textures. The film is applied using Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT), which makes for consistent, precisely conformed texture even across complex geometries.
Textured or printed patterns are slightly raised to create a "touchable" feel to the component that adds dimension and depth
About Our Interior Trim Films
3M™ Interior Trim Films are part of a global portfolio of engineered solutions for automotive manufacturers, including research and development, application engineering, and manufacturing support. These films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image, from luxurious to sporty, through a wide range of colors, patterns and textures. Like all products from the 3M Automotive OEM Division, these interior trim films — including the Relief Color Graphical Series — simplify manufacturing, streamline and sharpen design effectiveness, and meet or exceed OEM specifications.