- Creates high-gloss metal appearance for interior automotive trim parts
- Film technology incorporates real metal for authentic look and feel
- Excellent elongation properties enables film to wrap around edges for additional protection
- Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT) application helps ensure consistency across complex shapes
- Real metal within the film results in an authentic appearance and feel of metals
- Change the finish easily to differentiate trim levels
- Enables easy tuning of color and gloss for a wide variety of colors
- Textures and colors can be combined to create a wide variety of finishes
- Custom finishes are developed jointly between 3M and OEM design studios for specific models
3M™ Interior Trim Film - High Gloss Metal Series is designed to create the look and feel of metals on interior automotive trim and components. A 300% elongation property delivers maximum coverage and protection to components and parting lines. Films are applied using Dual Vacuum Thermoforming to help retain design appearance and texture. Film technology incorporates real metals for authenticity.
3M films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image
A High-Gloss Metal Film Created for Your Particular OEM Requirements
3M™ Interior Trim Film - High Gloss Metal Series is a versatile and efficient method for creating the look and feel of metal on interior automotive parts. 3M achieves this authenticity using a metallic textured film technology that incorporates real metals in the film formulation — nearly as close as you can get to real metal, without the added weight and expense. In most cases, it is supplied in custom finishes developed jointly between 3M and the individual OEM design studio. Automotive OEM designers can specify films for a range of high-gloss metals including stainless steel and aluminum. These films can also be easily tuned for gloss and color to meet the most precise design specifications, and to help meet design objectives including model differentiation.
This interior automotive film features excellent tensile strength and deep draw capabilities with an elongation property of 300% at forming temperatures. This makes it suitable for stretching tightly around components for conformability, coverage and protection even across parting lines. The film is applied using Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT), which makes for consistent, precisely conformed texture even across complex geometries.
About Our Interior Trim Films
3M™ Interior Trim Films are part of a global array of engineered solutions for automotive manufacturers, including research and development, application engineering and responsive manufacturing support. These films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image, from luxurious to sporty, through a wide range of colors, patterns and textures. Like all products from 3M's Automotive OEM Division, these interior trim films — including the High Gloss Metal Series — simplify manufacturing, streamline and sharpen design effectiveness and meet or exceed OEM specifications.