- Intumescent mat mount with low binder content to improve low temperature performance
- Designed for reduced peak holding forces, with an overall reduced bulk density for thin wall substrates
- Expands with heat to provide holding force throughout a wide range of operating temperatures
- Compensates for extreme differences in the expansion of metal and ceramics
- Protects the substrate from road shock and vibration while the catalytic converter is in use
- Seals the monolith perimeter to prevent exhaust gas bypass
- Maintains mounting and insulating system durability
- Extensive engine durability testing and technical knowledge based on more than 40 years of expertise in automotive emissions
Our 3M™ Interam™ Mat Mount 700 is an expanding mat mount with low binder content to improve low temperature performance. This high-performance, intumescent mat mount offers more uniform holding force and excellent erosion resistance.
About 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products
- Thermal insulation for gasoline engine catalytic converter, high temperature for standard wall, thin-wall or ultra-thin-wall substrate applications
- Catalytic converter mat mounting for close coupled and underbody converter applications
- Thermal insulation for gasoline engine catalytic converter applications
3M™ Interam™ Brand Products are a comprehensive product portfolio of mat mount and thermal insulation materials for a wide range of emission control applications. Additionally, 3M offers application development and testing expertise throughout the key phases of customer design development and manufacturing validation.
3M is dedicated to developing cost effective, high-performance technologies for customers based on over 40 years of industry experience and access to 3M Corporate R&D resources. 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products are manufactured globally and supported through local sales and technical support.