- Low profile design provides better leveling and faster removal rates
- Medium density foam adds control during flat sanding applications
- Blunt 15-degree tapered edge provides durability and an aggressive cut
- 5/16-24 exterior threads fit a variety of power tools for versatility
- Hookit™ hook and loop attachment system provides easy disc changes and optimizes disc life
Our 3M™ Hookit™ Low Profile Abrasive Disc Back-up Pad is designed specifically for better leveling and faster material removal during flat auto body sanding. Its low profile and medium density foam construction afford superior control, and its 15-degree blunt tapered edge holds up under tough conditions. Specially designed for use with 3M™ Hookit™ discs (sold separately) for fast change-outs.
Part of Our Hookit™ System for Faster Change-Outs
3M offers a complete range of hook-and-loop style Hookit™ discs for work spaces where adhesive backed discs may become contaminated by dust, dirt, or flying debris. They are often used in applications where an adhesive backed disc may be too aggressive, as Hookit™ discs tend to leave finer finishes. Hookit™ sanding discs conveniently and firmly attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately) on a random orbital sander, can be removed cleanly and easily, and can be re-used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.
Better Science for Better Sanding from 3M
With its low profile, 15-degree tapered edge and its foam construction, our 3M™ Hookit™ Low Profile Abrasive Disc Back-up Pad is designed for maximum control, high durability and the finest results during flat sanding applications. Together with its compatibility in our time and money saving Hookit™ system, this abrasive disc back-up pad is another great example of how 3M applies science to make life easier for auto body technicians and operators.