- Two "grip" styles make sanding by hand more comfortable
- Hand band allows some tactile sense of work surface
- Foam backing conforms to surface
- Better results due to even pressure distribution between the abrasive and work surface
- Use with Hookit™ discs for easy attachment and change-outs
- Available in soft, medium, and firm densities to accommodate a wide variety of hand sanding applications
3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pads provide improved operator comfort and increased surface uniformity when hand sanding. These foam backup pads utilize a Hookit™ attachment style and come in two forms, either with a contoured dome-shaped hand hold area, or a flat back with an elastic hand band that allows the operator to sand without "gripping" the pad.
Available in various densities and thicknesses for your hand sanding needs
Solutions for Sanding by Hand
The bright yellow dome-shaped grip and the alternative elastic hand-band style of the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad solve the challenge of sanding by hand, making it less fatiguing, protecting the operator's hand and preserving some tactile sense of the surface.
Soft and medium density foam construction conforms easily to surfaces while distributing the pressure of fingers that otherwise promote uneven finishes and leave finger marks. The contoured shape is comfortable in the hand and requires less gripping force. Firm density foam construction is appropriate for use when hand sanding flat surfaces.
The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system makes swapping Hookit™ Discs
a breeze between applications.
The 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Hand Pad is an excellent tool when hand sanding by hand for paint preparation. Use with A-
Hookit™ Discs is recommended.
Find More 3M Industrial Abrasive Accessories
(PDF, 4.29 Mb)