- Thick 6.0 mil version of 3M™ Nylon Film Tape 855
- Features excellent performance in high temperature bake cycles (400°F/204°C)
- Non-silicone adhesive provides clean removal for subsequent bonding or painting
- Strong backing removes quickly for simple application
- Nylon backing offers toughness and high elongation
3M™ High Temperature Nylon Film Tape 8555 is a 6.0 mil nylon film tape with a non-silicone rubber adhesive. This tape performs well even in high temperature bake cycles of up to 400°F/204°C. Non-silicone adhesive allows for clean removal, great for parts requiring additional painting or bonding. The tape has a strong, very thick 5.0 mil nylon backing for added toughness and high elongation.
Featuring strong nylon backing and high temperature rubber adhesive to hold down materials during composite or metal bonding
High Temperature Performance with Clean Removal
Engineered for high temperatures, 3M™ High Temperature Nylon Tape 8555 is a thicker version of our High Temperature Nylon Tape 855
. We designed this 6.0 mil thick film tape to maintain its excellent performance even in high temperature bake cycles (up to 400°F/204°C). This high temperature performance is achieved without the use of a silicone adhesive, which eliminates the silicone residue that often interferes with cleaning operations and anchorage of certain adhesives and paints. Therefore, this tape is great for parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary. We constructed this high temperature film tape with a nylon backing at a full 5.0 mils for toughness and high elongation. This backing also removes quickly for easy application.
Meeting the Demands that Come with High Temperatures
- Where thicker caliper nylon tape is required
- Advanced composite and metal bond masking
- Composite bagging operations
- Helps remove flashing after composite bonding
Ready to meet the demands of high temperature bake cycles, 3M™ High Temperature Nylon Tape 8555 maintains its exceptional performance throughout a variety of tough applications. Enjoy the benefits and discover the advantages that come from a tape constructed with a durable backing and strong adhesive, a design engineered to offer ease of workflow and production.
Find More 3M Specialty Tapes
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)