- Designed for heavy duty use in MRO/construction applications
- Removes cleanly for up to three months when applied indoors
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this durable tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application in MRO/construction. Our 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 has a unique construction that allows for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Our 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 was tested according to UL723, ASTM E84. Due to its unique design, it is an excellent choice for general indoor application in MRO/construction. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 comes with a classic, silver-colored backing. Our sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
All around holding, splicing, masking, patching, sealing and seaming tape
Built to Stick
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they're known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.