- Firm, adhesive backed gripping material designed to stick on contact
- Acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive designed to bond to a wide variety of surfaces
- Tough, clear, durable thermoplastic polyurethane gripping polymer provides excellent abrasion resistance
- When mated, delivers high coefficient of friction properties, even in wet and oily conditions
- Designed to provide slip resistance and easy-release properties
Constructed with thousands of micro-replicated gripping fingers, 3M™ Gripping Material TB731 provides a lighter, yet tighter grip for maximum hold with minimum effort. Designed to enhance grip and reduce slippage, this product is a clear version of our firmest and most durable gripping material. Backed with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this material can bond to a variety surfaces.
When sewn into a glove and wrapped onto a handle bar, grip strength is maximized even in wet or oily conditions
Here's a Grip Tip
- Equipment handles, levers and grips on industrial equipment and tools
- Truck, forklift and auto steering wheels
- Power tools, gardening equipment, lawn mowers and snow blowers
- Sports equipment handles
3M™ Gripping Material TB731 is constructed with a thin and flexible fabric backing that is laminated to an acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive designed to easily apply using a peel and stick application method. It bonds to a wide variety of surfaces, including low surface energy substrates, such as low surface energy plastics and powder coated paints and can be spiral wrapped around handles and shafts. 3M™ Gripping Material products can be shear cut, die-cut, laser cut or converted by other applicable methods.
Performance in a Wide Range of Temperatures
Constructed with thousands of micro-replicated gripping fingers
3M™ Gripping Material TB731 performs well across a broad range of temperatures, ranging from -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C) indoors and outdoors.
About our 3M™ Gripping Materials
Our gripping materials are available in roll or sheet form in a wide range of tactility from very soft to firm. Soft gripping material products are designed to be more comfortable during skin contact and tend to be more flexible to contour more easily to tighter curves. Firm gripping material products are extremely durable, and tend to be stiffer. If prolonged service life in harsh use conditions is a critical feature for your product, durability of the gripping material increases with firmness. Actual service life will depend on frequency of use and severity of end use conditions, but typically, most 3M™ Gripping Material can outlast leather in a factory or in the field. 3M™ Gripping Material products are designed to be used alone, or as a two-part mated system. When used alone (on a single surface), the 3M™ Gripping Materials provide a strong secure grip. When used as a two-part mated system, for example, on a glove and handle bar, grip strength is maximized.