- Reinforced scrim helps strengthen backing and reduce stretch of tape
- Multi-layer elastomeric film backing seals around nails and staples to prevent moisture intrusion
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive bonds to most building materials without the use of any adhesion promoters
- Can be applied at temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C) and as warm as 176°F (80°C)
- Service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 240°F (116°C)
- Withstands up to 12 months of UV resistance
3M™ Grid Air Sealing Tape 8068 is an air, vapor, moisture and water impermeable tape with an aggressive, high-tack pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. This tape is available in both self-wound and linered versions. It can be used in a variety of building construction applications.
Film backing seals around nails to prevent moisture intrusion
Reinforced Scrim Helps Strengthen Backing and Reduce Stretch of Tape
3M™ Grid Air Sealing Tape 8068 is a 10 mil tape with a high-tack acrylic adhesive and a reinforcing scrim. This tape is designed for preventing air, vapor and moisture intrusion in building construction applications. The scrim helps reduce stretching and strengthens the backing. The film backing seals around staples, nails and other penetrations to help prevent intrusion by moisture, air or vapor. With up to 12 months of UV resistance, this tape permits an extended application temperature range between 0°F to 176°F (-18°C to 80°C) and a service temperature range from -40°F to 240°F (-40°C to 116°C).
Dependable Adhesion with Acrylic
3M™ Grid Air Sealing Tape 8068
- Seaming air and vapor membranes
- Taping gaps and penetrations to stop free air flow
- Sealing around openings and joints in building applications
- Sealing of penetrations and window joints in exterior walls
- Sealing of holes and feed locations for cabling
(PDF, 308.4 Kb) features a high-tack, aggressive, pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive that bonds to a wide selection of building construction materials. This includes concrete, concrete block, plaster, fiberglass, anodized aluminum, galvanized metal, exterior gypsum and plywood, all without the use of any adhesion promoters. The acrylic adhesive maintains adhesion in climate and temperature change variations.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Click here for more information on 3M Masking and Surface Protection Products.
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)