- 80 grit sheets are ideal for various applications on metal, fiberglass and plastic common in auto body repair
- Ideal for shaping filler, stripping paint, or scratch refinement
- Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
- Built on D weight backing, making them extremely durable
- Open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut and minimizes dust clogging on the abrasive for increased productivity
3M™ Green Corps™ File Sheets 246U feature an aluminum oxide abrasive designed for increased abrasive life and a faster cut rate. They are built on D weight paper backing and feature an open coat construction that reduces loading on fresh filler. They are ideal for shaping plastic filler and putty, sanding clear coats, removing paint, and scratch refinement on metal, plastic, and fiberglass.
Available in hole and no-hole file sheets
Our 3M™ Green Corps™ Sheet 246U are made of long-lasting aluminum oxide abrasive grains on a D weight paper backing to make them extremely durable for sanding paint on metal and fiberglass. The open coat and load-resistant coating help prevent loading for longer use, and produce a smooth, consistent finish.
During stage 1 of the 3M™ Body Repair System use 80 grit sheets to refine 40 grit scratches and featheredge for a smooth transition into the existing layer of a clear coat. The 80 grit scratches will give body filler the proper surface to adhere to. Also use during Stage 3 to shape and sand body filler. Follow this step with 180 grit sandpaper to refine 80 grit scratches and allow glaze or spot putty to adhere to the body filler. Our sheets are equally suited in assisting with the removal of paint from metal, plastic and fiberglass.
Loading occurs when material clogs the surface of the sanding paper and the abrasive points, which can quickly make the sheet ineffective. Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are spaced so that dust and debris can collect in the spaces rather than loading the sheet. Additionally, the open coat feature provides a more aggressive cut than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade, for faster results.