- Proprietary, solvent-free adhesive formula removes cleanly in one piece with no adhesive residue
- Withstands surface temperatures up to 200°F/93°C for 30 minutes
- Sticks with confidence on wood, plastic, glass, metal and painted surfaces
- Light tan backing tears easily and resists slivering
- Low unwind force allows for rapid application and improved handling
We designed 3M™ General Use Masking Tape 201+ to be a go-to tape that holds strongly in settings where surface temperatures can reach up to 200°F/93°C. This light tan crepe paper tape has a low unwind and sticks to many surfaces, making it an ideal everyday-use tape.
Your Go-To Tape
Using our proprietary solvent-free adhesive, the tape sticks instantly to most surfaces, including metal, rubber, glass, wood and plastic while removing cleanly in one piece. Our crepe-paper backing conforms to irregular surfaces and is an ideal, everyday-use tape that sticks confidently yet removes cleanly and conveniently.
3M™ General Use Masking Tape 201+ is easy to tear, which aids in handling, yet strong enough to resist slivering, providing "user friendly," one piece removal.
What is Masking Tape?
- Temporary attachments
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Our masking tapes adhere well, resist solvents or water from paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.