- For use in MRO/construction applications requiring a thin tape
- Removes cleanly for up to three months when applied indoors
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations, such as attaching heavy poly draping and pipe sealing
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this thin tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for wiring applications in MRO/construction. Our 3M™ General Use Duct Tape 2929 is especially helpful when it comes to wire pulling. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Our 3M™ General Use Duct Tape 2929 was tested according to UL723, ASTM E84. Due to its unique design and price, it is best for general, everyday duties where strength and moisture resistance are necessary. The economical tape can also be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ General Use Duct Tape 2929 comes with a classic, silver-colored backing. Our sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
- Wire pulling
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
Versatile, practical choice for a variety of general use applications
Built to Stick
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they're known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.