- Maintains vivid color even when exposed to abrasion and solvents
- Available in a wide variety of colors for diverse applications
- Conformable backing makes vinyl tape ideal for use on curved and irregular surfaces
- Rubber adhesive provides good instant adhesion on many surfaces
- Can be applied by hand or with floor applicator
- Ideal for marking applications in light traffic areas
3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764 is an economical vinyl tape option for color coding, bundling and safety marking applications. We've designed this tape to resist wear, weathering and light abrasion while providing good instant adhesion to many surfaces. It is available in an array of distinctive colors, as well as transparent.
Code, Mark, and Protect
3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764
(PDF, 196 Kb) is a vinyl tape coated with a rubber adhesive and ideally suited for a variety of coding, temporary surface protection, bundling, marking and protection applications. The rubber adhesive offers quick stick and good holding strength on many substrates. Unlike messy paint solutions, this vinyl tape is quick to install and easy to clean-up. Conformability and instant adhesion makes 3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764 a good choice for marking and warning applications on floors, equipment, walls and pipes.
Bright Colors in Difficult Applications
- Floor marking
- General purpose holding and bundling
- Color coding (PDF, 78 Kb)
- Marking of parts or machines
- Temporary protection of parts, equipment or products from abrasion
3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764 features abrasion resistance to excel in light duty protection of equipment and parts. It maintains its color when exposed to abrasion and wear. These features, combined with easy removal properties, often makes 3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 764 a faster, more versatile and less costly option than painting when used in marking and coding applications.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.