- Non-fiber-based shell system creates thicker and faster shell build
- Improved permeability helps reduce non-fill and autoclave cracking
- Fiber-free composition makes slurry easier to maintain through a wide range of viscosities
- Without fibers, slot and hole coverage is simplified
- Unique slurry rheology substantially shortens drain times to increase foundry output
- Improved load carrying ability to reduce handling damage and cracking
3M™ Fused Silica Advanced Shell System WDS3 (wide distribution slurry) is a dry blend of fused silica and high-performance additives used for investment casting backup slurries. Featuring increased shell build and improved permeability, this product helps to reduce dips and minimize autoclave shell cracking.