- Excellent for attaching interior flooring material where flame retardance is required
- Meets FAR 25.853 and is RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Features two adhesive systems for demanding applications using different substrates
- Color coded – black side features acrylic adhesive, white side features synthetic rubber adhesive
- White side removes cleanly with no adhesive residue or damage to the substrate
- Tears by hand, eliminating tools typically used to cut tape
- Polypropylene film carrier and liner are suitable for steel rule or machined die cutting
3M™ Flame Retardant Double Coated Tape 9377 is specially formulated for strong, durable installation of flooring material for a variety of interior floors and stairs. Its differential adhesive system includes a high-tack acrylic that bonds to carpeting and a rubber based adhesive that attaches to flooring material. A PP film carrier and PP liner add strength and flexibility.
Features high-tack acrylic that bonds to top-layer substrate, and rubber-based adhesive for flooring materials
Ideal for Demanding Flooring Applications
Featuring an 11 mil differential adhesive system, the 3M™ Flame Retardant Double Coated Tape 9377 has two different adhesives on a 1 mil polypropylene carrier with a 2 mil blue polypropylene liner. It is excellent for installing flooring materials in demanding applications requiring long-term durability and flame retardancy, including automotive flooring, aircraft flooring and stairs. This tape meets FAR 25.853 and is RoHS and WEEE compliant, meeting safety requirements for aviation. It is designed with a specialty rubber adhesive (white) on the facing side which delivers a flexible bond yet removes cleanly without residue or damage to the substrate. An acrylic adhesive (black) on the liner side bonds to a full range of surfaces, rough or smooth. The tape features good chemical resistance and tears by hand, eliminating the need for tools.
Two Sided Adhesion
- Carpet installation on interior floors and stairs of aircraft, automobiles and other transportation vehicles
- Applications requiring flame retardancy and high bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Bonding applications on both smooth and textured surfaces
3M™ Flame Retardant Double Coated Tape 9377 features a very high-tack adhesive system designed for carpet installation on interior floors and stairs of aircraft and other transportation vehicles. A specially formulated black acrylic based adhesive on one side attaches to the carpet. A white rubber based adhesive system provides a permanent bond to the floorboard. At time of removal, the rubber adhesive removes cleanly without leaving behind unwanted adhesive residue.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Find More 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
(PDF, 12.28 Mb)