- Heat-resistant up to 240° F (115° C)
- ASTM E 84 Class 1 (modified)
- Draftstop ― helps reduce air infiltration
- Thermal insulator ― R-Value of 4 to 5 per inch typical
- Ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 5 minutes
- Expands to quickly and effectively seal openings
- Meets International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) Fireblocking Requirements
- Sag-resistant formulation
- Excellent adhesion—bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
- Minimal shrinkage
Foam-in-place fireblock and draftstop for non-rated residential and commercial construction. Meets ASTM E 84 (mod) Class 1 for smoke spread and flame development and has been evaluated by the UL evaluation report ER9700-01 and complies with the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC).
Tested as a Type V commercial and residential fireblock for non-rated construction. This product is used to help seal, fill, insulate and bond. Also acts as a draftstop to restrict air infiltration. This ready-to-use product expands to more effectively seal penetrations than traditional products that meet the modified ASTM E 814. Not to be used as a firestop in commercial construction.
- For use in residential Type V and commercial non-rated construction in areas that require sealing to maintain the integrity of a fireblock. Use 3M™ Fire Block Foam FB-Foam to seal interior construction voids around wires, pipes, cables and other penetrations in non-rated wood or steel-framed construction. May also be used around non-rated framing gaps/voids. Also acts as a draftstop to help prevent unwanted air infiltration.