- Tested as a Type V residential Fireblock to ASTM E 84 (modified)
- Durable caulk is heat-resistant (up to 240°F/115°C)
- Acts as a draftstop to help reduce air infiltration
- Thermal insulator offers an R-Value of 4-5/inch (25.4 mm) typical
- FB-136 is ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 15 minutes
- Meets International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) Fireblocking Requirements
- Features minimal shrinkage to help ensure longevity
- Excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
- Sealant requires no special handling for routine disposal
- Thixotropic material resists sag or run in vertical or overhead applications
3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 is a one component, non-combustible draft, smoke and fireblocking sealant, designed to resist high temperatures and smoke passage in nonrated construction. Use 3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 to seal interior construction voids around wires, pipes, HVAC ducts and vents, in wood or steel framed non-rated construction.
Will not sag or run in vertical or overhead applications
Reliable and Tough Fireblock
We engineered 3M™ Fire Block FB 136 as a durable fireblock and draftstop. This product seals, fills, insulates and bonds for non-rated residential and commercial construction. Ready-to-use, this fireblock is intended to resist the free passage of flame and by-products of combustion within a concealed space of a floor, ceiling or wall cavity, restricting the movement of air, fire and smoke. This fireblock is tested as a Type V commercial and residential fireblock to ASTM E 84 (modified) and acts as a draftstop to help reduce air infiltration. This ready-to-use product is heat-resistant (up to 240°F/115°C).
3M™ Fire Block FB 136 is used to seal interior construction voids around:
- HVAC ducts
- Penetrations in non-rated wood or steel-framed construction
- Non-rated framing gaps and voids
- Seals and Protects
Lightweight cementitious sealant with excellent adhesion. Bonds to concrete, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
Seals and Protects
3M™ Fire Block FB 136 has been evaluated by the UL evaluation report ER9700-01 and complies with the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC). This fireblock is tack-free in approximately 15 minutes and features minimal shrinkage and sag-resistant formulation to help ensure longevity, plus a halogen-free formula. This fireblock also provides excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing.
Strong Fireblocking Solution
3M™ Fire Block FB 136 is a tough solution that helps seal, fill, insulate and bond for non-rated residential and commercial construction. Discover the benefits of a fireblock that restricts the movement of air, fire and smoke. Enjoy the peace of mind of that comes from a product designed to meet fireblocking codes and requirements.
See More 3M™ Fire Protection Products Full Line Brochure
(PDF, 5.95 Mb)