- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating (Class 1 requirements)
- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Offers compression and extension capability of ±31% for dynamic and static construction joints
- Fire resistance tested for construction joint (including curtain wall) systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079), ASTM E 2307
- Excellent caulk rate and sealant can be applied with conventional caulking equipment
- Non-slump, halogen-free formula provides strong adhesion
- Exceptional weatherability for durability during construction
- Minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Formulated as a re-enterable and repairable solution
- Sealant is paintable with primer
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000 NS is a ready-to-use, single component, neutral cure, silicone sealant that cures upon exposure to atmospheric humidity to form a flexible firestop seal. Our water tight sealants help control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases before, during and after exposure to fire.
3M(TM) Fire Barrier Watertight Sealant 1000 NS - Copper Pipe app
Formulated for Sealed Protection
We formulated 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000 NS as a single component, neutral cure, silicone sealant. This ready-to-use sealant cures upon exposure to atmospheric humidity to form a flexible firestop seal that helps control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases before, during and after exposure to fire. When properly installed, this water tight sealant provides up to 3-hour protection in tested and listed systems and meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479. We designed this non-slump firestop sealant as a re-enterable and repairable solution primarily used on vertical surfaces.
Meets Industry Demands
- Dynamic and static construction joints
- Perimeter fire barrier system and curtain wall joints
- Firestop blank openings
- Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated floor or wall assemblies
A durable solution, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000 NS is halogen-free, provides an excellent caulk rate and offers exceptional weatherability. This elastomeric sealant offers compression and extension capability of ±31% for dynamic and static construction joints. In addition, we formulated this sealant to be paintable with primer and compatible with CPVC piping.
This product also provides acoustic benefits by minimizing noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and acts as a smoke seal for installations requiring the L-Rating. This sealant meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
Learn more about 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000 NS and other fire protection products
(PDF, 3.55 Mb)
All-In-One Sealant Solution
For a sealant ready to shield and protect from both water and fire, look no further than 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000NS. This water tight sealant meets both UL 1479 (ASTM E 814) firestop tests and UL W-Rating for water tightness when used on floor penetrations. Discover the benefits of an all-in-one solution for water infiltration and fire containment.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1000 NS is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
View fire protection products for electrical solutions
(PDF, 92.31 Mb)
- Typical firestop applications include blank openings, dynamic and static construction joints and through penetrations. Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated assemblies include: metallic pipes, non-metallic pipe, cables, cable tray, insulated pipes and combos.