- Intumescent pillows are designed to expand and lock together for tight seal against flame, smoke and toxic gasses
- Easy to install, remove and reconfigure to help save time and labor
- Interlocking strips let installers quickly lock pillows together by hand for fast, accurate firestops
- Available in multiple sizes and can be cut in the field for precise fill and compression
- No wire mesh or additional support required
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows are self-contained firestops ideal for medium to large through penetrations. Pillows feature Interlocking strips – installers can easily lock multiple pillows together to achieve precise fill and compression with no additional support required. Intumescent fire-rated pillows are designed to expand during a fire, locking themselves around vital components.
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Presenting a simpler solution to the time, cost and material challenges of firestopping medium and large through penetration openings: our 3M™ Fire Barrier Self Locking Pillows combine intumescent fire-rated material and a range of sizes with interlocking hook and loop strips that allow installers to easily lock multiple pillows together
(PDF, 175 Kb) without tools. Installers can also cut and reseal the pillows in the field. This makes it easier to assemble ideally-sized firestops for specific penetrations in floors and walls, installed to the correct compressions for maximum effectiveness in new construction or retrofit applications. No wire mesh, steel cover plates or other additional support is required. The pillows are fully re-enterable and reusable — the interlocking hook and loop strips can be released by hand, making it easy to reconfigure firestop pillows as additional services are added or relocated. They are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115 when installed in listed systems.
Firestop medium to large openings containing cables and conduits
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Firestopping medium to large openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
- Gypsum wall, concrete or block wall and concrete floors
- Blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm)
- 1 or 2 cable racks or trays per penetration
- Conduit bank, inner duct cable and cable racks or tray applications
- Used in conjunction with 3M Moldable Putty+
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Self-Locking Pillows are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.