- Firestop tested for through penetration applications for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Sealant designed to help minimize sound transfer
- Water-based and paintable sealant provides easy application and clean-up
- Exceptional adhesion for long-term performance
- Applied with conventional caulking equipment with excellent caulk rate
- Sag-resistant properties offer clean application as well as strong adhesion
- Sealant is re-enterable and repairable
- Fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
Engineered to form a monolithic seal after drying, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is a yellow, one-part, gun-grade, intumescent firestop sealant that provides up to 3-hour fire protection in tested and listed systems. This helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas, while also acting as an acoustic barrier to help minimize noise transfer.
3M™ Fire Barrier IC 15WB+ Sealant is an affordable UL tested, general-purpose sealant
Formulated for Protection and Ready for Inspection
- HVAC ducts and vents
- Metallic and non-metallic, including CPVC pipes
- Blank openings
- Single and bundled cables
- Insulated pipe
- Pipe and cable through-Penetrations
- Rated wall, floor and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Static construction joints
We've formulated 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to be easily cleaned-up with water. This sealant is paintable, as well as re-enterable and repairable. It is a halogen-free sealant that features exceptional adhesion, excellent caulk rate and sag-resistance. In addition, inspectors can instantly recognize 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ by its distinctive yellow color.
3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ firestops through penetrations passing through fire-rated floor, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, as well as other fire-rated interior building partitions and assemblies (e.g. static construction joints or blank openings). In addition, the unique intumescent property of this material allows 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to expand and help maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to 3 hours of fire exposure. 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ bonds to most construction substrates, including: gypsum wallboard, concrete, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing. This sealant meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
See typical applications of 3M protection products in commercial construction
(PDF, XX Mb)
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
Learn more about 3M Fire Protection Products
(PDF, XX Mb)