- Firestop tested up to 2 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Meets the International Building Code for Passive Fire Protection
- Expands up to 5X when dispensed. One cartridge FIP 1-Step equals up to 6 tubes 10.1 oz caulk
- Intumescent. Expands in a fire
- Expansive UL systems for blank openings, metal pipe, cables, cable trays, combos, insulated pipe
- UL systems require no mineral wool
- Remains pliable after installation for easy installation of new cables/conduit in existing opening
- Excellent adhesion. Can be installed in wall or floor applications with no backing material
- Quick cure. Full expansion after approximately 2 minutes
- Paintable with primer
- STC rating of 57 when tested in STC 57 rated wall assembly
- Air leakage less than 1 CFM/Sq Ft
- Meets the intent of LEED VOC regulations. <250 g/L VOC contents (less H2O and exempt solvents)
Firestop foam used to fill the annular space created by pipes and cables penetrating through fire-rated construction.
Firestop foam used to fill the annular space created by pipes and cables penetrating through fire-rated construction. FIP 1-Step foams in place filling the void between the through penetrant (pipe, cable etc) and the wall creating a firestop seal restoring the fire rating of the entire wall.
- Ideal for sealing single or multiple through penetrations in fire-rated construction. Typically used in mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing applications to firestop metallic pipe, conduit, cables, cable trays, busways, combos, insulated pipe and HVAC ducts passing through fire-rated floors and walls. Also used to firestop blank openings in floors and walls.