- Ready-to-install kit for complete cable or blank firestop installation
- Tested up to 4 hours for fire-rated through penetration systems in accordance with ASTM E814 (UL 1479)
- No gasket required to ease installation process
- Rolled-out lip on sleeve allows for smooth cable entry
- Brackets and sleeve work in tandem to help prevent slipping during installation
- Allows for both new and retrofit data and telecom cable firestop installations
3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve Kits are designed to help prevent the passage of fire and smoke in new or existing cable penetrations through walls or floors. These kits are tested up to 4 hours for fire-rated through penetration systems (in accordance with ASTM E814). No gasket is required with this product and it allows for both new and retrofit data and telecom cable firestop installations.
Ready to Install and Prepared to Protect
Prevent the passage of fire and smoke with 3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve Kits. These fire barrier sleeve kits can protect existing cable penetrations through walls or floors and be used as a one-piece sleeve or the sleeve may be split/hinged for existing cable installations. Tested up to 4 hours for fire-rated through penetration systems in accordance with ASTM E814 (UL 1479), these putty sleeve kits
(PDF, 651.74 Kb) are a ready-to-install kit. This product does not require gaskets and its rolled-out lip on sleeve facilitates smooth cable entry. The sleeves can be easily installed in openings that are either tight to the sleeve or irregular and can accommodate oversized openings (up to a one-inch larger diameter than the 3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve diameter).
Versatile Kit for an All-in-One Solution
- Existing through-penetration openings with cables
- Future cable installations
- New construction through-penetration openings for power and communication cables
- Blank openings
- Irregular openings
3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve Kits are ideal for high traffic cable penetrations and designed to be used for both new construction and retrofitting. Each kit contains a 3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve (two-part metallic sleeve with set of two-part metallic flanges), 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty MP+, sheet metal screws, drywall screws and two installation identification labels.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Putty Sleeve Kits are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a comprehensive line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- Ideal for existing through-penetration openings with cables, future cable installations (blank openings) or new construction through-penetration openings for power and communication cables. The cable types can be a mixture of the following:
- 100 pr. No. 24 AWG copper conductor telephone cables
- 1/C-750 kcmil copper conductor power cable
- 7/C-No. 12 AWG copper conductor control cables
- Coaxial cables
- 3/C-No 2/0 AWG aluminum conductor SER cable with No. 1 AWG aluminum ground conductor
- No. 23 AWG Category 6 data cables