- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours of protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases
- Re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations
- Graphite-free composition does not conduct electricity
- No wire mesh required and easy to install, inspect, remove and reuse as needed
- Excellent aging properties for long-lasting durability and performance
3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products designed for use in through-penetration firestops, providing up to 3 hours of protection. This fire barrier pillow expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases. We also engineered this product to be re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations.
Firestop openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Firestopping medium to large openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
- Gypsum wall, concrete or block wall and concrete floors
- Blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm)
- 1 or 2 cable racks or trays per penetration
- Conduit bank, inner duct cable and cable racks or tray applications
- Used in conjunction with 3M Moldable Putty+
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows can be used for multiple applications in new or retrofit installations, acting as a through penetration firestop, heat shield and firebreak protection. The pillows are typically used to firestop gypsum wall, block wall and concrete floor assemblies. 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are excellent for firestopping blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm) or openings penetrated by conduit, cables or cable trays (up to two trays per openings).