- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours of protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases
- Re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations
- Graphite-free composition does not conduct electricity
- No wire mesh required and easy to install, inspect, remove and reuse as needed
- Excellent aging properties for long-lasting durability and performance
3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products designed for use in through-penetration firestops, providing up to 3 hours of protection. This fire barrier pillow expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases. We also engineered this product to be re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations.
Firestop openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Firestopping medium to large openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
- Gypsum wall, concrete or block wall and concrete floors
- Blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm)
- 1 or 2 cable racks or trays per penetration
- Conduit bank, inner duct cable and cable racks or tray applications
- Used in conjunction with 3M Moldable Putty+
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows can be used for multiple applications in new or retrofit installations, acting as a through penetration firestop, heat shield and firebreak protection material. The pillows are typically used to firestop gypsum wall, block wall and concrete floor assemblies. 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are excellent for firestopping large blank openings or openings penetrated by conduit, cables or cable trays (up to two trays per opening).