- Non-combustible material (ASTM E 136)
- Meets ASTM C 1338 Standard Test Method for Determining Fungi Resistance of Insulation Materials and Facings
- Approved for use in all UL-listed through penetration 3M firestop systems
- Easy to transport and carry
- Convenient, hand-tear dispensing
An easy-to-dispense, non-asbestos, inorganic material designed to be used as an alternative packing material to mineral wool, fiberglass and backer rod in through-penetration firestop systems. With excellent strength and flexibility characteristics it is an ideal through-penetration packing material.
Installation-friendly material is easy-to-dispense and its compact packaging is optimized for portability. The smooth-textured woven material can be torn by hand, eliminating the need for a knife. 3M™ Fire Barrier Packing Material PM4 material is less irritating to the skin when compared to conventional mineral wool. Meets International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building codes. Also meets International Residential Code (IRD) as a stand-alone fireblocking material.
- Packing material is a part of many through-penetration firestop systems and may be used around metallic, nonmetallic, insulated pipe, HVAC and power and communication cable penetrants. In typical commercial and industrial construction, 3M™ Fire Barrier Packing Material PM4 can be used in gypsum and concrete assemblies. In marine applications, 3M™ Fire Barrier Packing Material PM4 is used at bulkhead locations. In residential and non-combustible construction applications, the product can be used as a stand-alone fireblock material.