- Ready-to-mix pumpable mortar is deal for firestopping large annular spaces and floors
- Lightweight mortar designed to absorb heat, reducing chance of combustion on unexposed sides
- Polypropylene-fiber reinforced powder mixes with water for self-leveling or non-sag applications
- Contains no asbestos, MMMF or halogens
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115
3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar is a lightweight, gypsum-based powder that mixes with water to form a heat-absorbing firestop for through penetrations in fire-rated floor or wall assemblies. Versatile mortar can be mixed self-leveling or non-sag, and adheres to a range of construction substrates and penetrants. It also acts as a heat sink, reducing the chance of fire on unexposed sides of the assembly.
Versatile and Heat Resistant Mortar
For mechanical and electrical through penetrations where the penetrants may generate heat, our 3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar
(PDF, 279.8 Kb) provides a ready-to-mix solution. The firestop mortar
(PDF, 400 Kb) comes ready to mix with potable water, making it fast and cost-effective. Our mortar can be mixed to a thinner consistency for self-leveling applications such as floors, or as a non-sag material for vertical walls. It adheres well to range of common construction materials including concrete, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing.
The mortar is pumpable as well, resulting in faster work times and lower labor costs. It cleans easily with water. Polypropylene-fiber reinforced material reduces cracking during cure time. The cured material is paintable after priming. It is also re-enterable, allowing technicians to easily access components after installation with a common hole saw. This mortar contains no asbestos, halogens, Portland cement or MMMF and requires no fibrous damming materials or procedures.
3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar is firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115 when installed in listed systems, including 2-1/2" (63.5 cm) minimum thickness concrete floors. It is also tested in accordance with AS1530.4, EN1366 and ASTM E814 (UL Listed) and has proven self-bonding during fire testing.
- Firestopping and sealing mechanical and electrical service penetrations
- Blank openings and large annular spaces
- Floors and other applications requiring self-leveling material
- Vertical and horizontal substrates requiring non-sag adhesion