- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours, when used in conjunction with a 2-inch (50.8 mm) 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device for metallic and non-metallic penetrations, in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Easily adjusted height accommodates concrete thickness from 4-1/2 inches to 8 inches (114.3 mm to 203.2 mm)
- Eliminates time and expense of core drilling holes in concrete
- Easy-to-install, annular space allows for hassle-free pipe installation
- Accommodates 1-1/2 inch and 2 inch pipe (38.1mm and 50.8 mm)
- UL Classified, universally recognized independent test agency
- Tear strips allow installers to easily adjust height for various concrete thicknesses
- Installs securely by attaching directly to forms and floor decking
- Rugged one-piece design withstands impact during everyday construction
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Tub Box Assemblies create a void on the top surface of a concrete slab to allow for plumbing. Simply remove the foam insert after the slab is cured to access the void. This provides a secure and permanent firestop solution.
An easy firestopping solution through concrete
Eliminate Work with a Proven Firestop Solution
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Tub Box Assemblies eliminates the time and expense of firestopping metallic penetrants using extra materials such as pipe devices, intumescent wrap strips and caulk, allowing for secure, permanent firestop installation before slabs are poured. Firestopping through concrete used to mean three things: pouring the concrete, core drilling holes, and firestopping later. This device removes some of that time and labor. The device secures easily to floor decking, and its one-piece design withstands the everyday impact and wear of the construction site.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Firestopping of metal pipes copper, steel, iron, flexible gas
- For concrete thicknesses from 4-1/2 inches to 8 inches or higher Cast-In Devices Height Adaptor
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Tub Box Assemblies are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.