- Eliminates time and expense of core drilling holes in concrete
- Designed specifically for plastic pipes and other non-metallic through penetrants
- Tear strips allow installers to easily adjust height for various concrete thicknesses
- Installs securely by attaching directly to forms and floor decking
- Rugged one-piece design withstands impact during everyday construction
- Intumescent devices are firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
Designed to provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are a proven alternative to core drilling holes. Installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking, pour concrete around them and route penetrants after the concrete cures. Heights are adjustable in half-inch (13 mm) increments.
Easily adjust the height with only a pliers
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Firestopping through concrete used to mean three things: pouring the concrete, core drilling holes, and firestopping later. Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes eliminate the time and expense of firestopping non-metallic penetrants using extra materials such as pipe devices, intumescent strips and caulk. This allows for a more secure, permanent firestop installation
(PDF, 560 Kb) before concrete is poured. A series of built-in tear strips makes for fast, easy height adjustment in ½ inch increments: using only a pliers, installers can quickly adjust the height of the device from its maximum 8 inches (203.2 mm) to as low as 2-1/2 inches (57.2 mm). The device secures easily to floor decking, and its one-piece design withstands the everyday impact and wear of the construction site. Its white cap, easily visible after pour, signifies it as a pass-through device for non-metallic penetrants.
Fully Tested and Approved
- Firestopping of plastic pipes ccPVC, PVC, ENT, CPVC, FRPP, PVDF, ccABS, ABS, rigid non-metallic, PEX
- For concrete thicknesses from 2-1/2 inches (203.2 mm) to 8 inches (57.2 mm) or higher in conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices Height Adaptor
- In conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor for attaching to fluted decks
Our intumescent 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479). They are UL Classified for 2- and 3-hour fire (F) rating, and 1- and 3-hour temperature (T) rating. They also meet UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479 (see system details).
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- This 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device may be applied to 3" non-metallic pipe and HVAC line sets in drain, waste, suppy and vented or closed pipe systems. 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipe are commonly used to firestop ccPVC, PVC, RNC, CPVC, FRPP, ccABS and ABS pipes penetrating concrete floors with fire-ratings up to 3 hours. Use the appropriately-sized device as listed in system details (black-capped devices for metallic penetrations and white-capped devices for non-metallic penetrations).