- Eliminates time and expense of drilling firestop holes in concrete
- Designed specifically for metal pipes and other metallic through penetrants
- Tear strips allow installers to easily adjust height for various concrete thicknesses
- Installs securely by attaching directly to forms and floor decking
- Rugged one-piece design withstands impact during everyday construction
- Intumescent devices are firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies. Instead of drilling holes, installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking, pour slabs around them and route penetrants after curing. Heights are easily adjustable, and these intumescent devices are rated for up to 3-hour fire protection.
Easily adjust the height with only a pliers
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Firestopping through concrete used to mean three things: pouring the concrete, core drilling holes, and firestopping later. Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices
(PDF, 560 Kb) eliminate the time and expense of firestopping metallic penetrants using extra materials such as pipe devices, strips and caulk. This allows for secure, permanent firestop installation before concrete is poured. A series of built-in tear strips makes for fast, easy height adjustment: using only a pliers, installers can quickly adjust the height in 1/2 inch increments from its maximum 8 inches (203.2 mm) to as low as 2-1/2 inches (57.2 mm). The device secures easily to floor decking, and its one-piece design withstands the everyday impact and wear of the construction site. Its black cap, easily visible after pour, signifies it as a pass-through device for metallic penetrants.
- Firestopping of metal pipes — copper, steel, iron, flexible gas, cable bundles
- For concrete thicknesses from 2-1/2 (203.2 mm) inches to 8 inches (57.2 mm) or higher in conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices Height Adaptor
- In conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor for attaching to fluted decks
Use in conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor for attaching to fluted decks
Fully Tested and Approved
Our intumescent 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479). They are UL Classified for 2- and 3-hour fire (F) rating, and 1- and 3-hour temperature (T) rating. They also meet UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479 (see system details).
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- This 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device may be applied to 2'' metallic pipes, single and bundled cables, insulated pipes and HVAC line sets penetrating concrete floors with fire-ratings up to 3 hours. Use the appropriately-sized device as listed in system details (black-capped devices for metallic penetrations and white-capped devices for non-metallic penetrations).