- Allows for fast, easy cast-in firestop installation on fluted metal decks
- Designed for use with 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices
- Easy snap-in assembly of Cast-In Devices saves time and requires no fasteners
- One-piece body attaches easily to metal decking before slabs are poured
- Used in conjunction with Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices, adaptors are firestop tested for up to 3-hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptors are one-piece plastic body adaptors for one-step firestopping on fluted metal decks. Installers simply snap a metallic or non-metallic 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device into the adaptor – no fasteners are required – and attach it to the metal decking before concrete slabs are poured. Adaptor/device assemblies are firestop tested up to 3 hours.
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptors
(PDF, 669 Kb) fit onto uneven metal fluted decking before concrete slabs are poured. This one-piece plastic adaptor features snap-in attachment to the Fire Barrier Cast-In Device — no tools or fasteners are required. It installs quickly and easily onto fluted steel pan decks for drain, waste and vented or closed pipe systems. The adaptor accepts Cast-In Devices for both plastic and metal pipes. When used in conjunction with Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices in listed systems, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptors are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479).
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
- Use in conjunction with metallic and non-metallic 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices
- Fluted steel pan decks for drain, waste, and vented or closed pipe systems
- New construction jobs requiring a minimum 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) concrete topping
- Consult 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor Installation Guide (supplied with each device) and listed system details for exact type of penetrants covered and hourly ratings
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptors are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- Typically used in new installations when the floor assembly is concrete poured over a fluted metal deck.