- Reinforced polyester putty/gel to fill corners or sharp transitions
- Reduces air voids and dry fibers in laminates
- Low shrink and exotherm to produce better quality finishes
- Maintains resiliency to resist cracking and local impact damage
- Can also be used to fill voids in plywood and for bonding wood to FRP or wood-to-wood
3M™ Fillet Putty is a resilient polyester milled fiberglass reinforced compound designed to be applied between gel coat and laminate to fill corners or sharp transitions helping eliminate air voids.
Maintains resiliency to resist cracking and local impact damage
Reduces Air Voids and Dry Fibers in Laminates
Ultra-smooth spreading, pumpable with extreme bonding strength, 3M™ Fillet Putty is ideal for bonding or bedding all types of core materials. It can also be used for cut-edge filling in composites. 3M™ Fillet Putty
(PDF, 26.66 Kb) can be catalyzed with either a liquid Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (MEKP) 9% active oxygen or with a Benzoyl Peroxide Paste (BPO-50).
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
- Composite / fiberglass boat building
- filling voids in tooling
- bonding or bedding core materials
- cut-edge filling in composites
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.