- Designed for use in heavy duty MRO/construction
- Sticks immediately and stays on reliably
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Available in silver, black and olive colors
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue when used indoors
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this economical tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application in MRO/construction. 3M™ Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969 has a unique construction that allows for permanent and temporary indoor applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
Rubber-based adhesive provides instant stick, even on moist surfaces
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Our 3M™ Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969 was tested in accordance with UL723, NFPA 255, UBC 8-1 and ASTM E84. Due to its ability to remove cleanly, it is an excellent economical choice for MRO/construction as it adheres reliably to most substrates. Available colors include silver, black and olive. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
We offer 3M™ Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969 in a variety of colors to enhance utility and improve appearance. Our sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
Built to Stick
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they're known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.
Thick backing heightens tensile strength, so you can tackle tough jobs