- Designed for use in the most challenging metallizing conditions
- Patented lasered surface treatment improves initial wetting behavior
- Shorter initial break-in behavior and heat-up cycle
- Optimized evaporation cloud for fully homogeneous aluminum layer
3M™ Evaporation Boat 2L is a two-component evaporation boat made of our improved formula of 3M™ Titanium Diboride and 3M™ Boron Nitride. This product offers the added advantages of lasermet technology, a proprietary lasered surface treatment for improved wetting.
Lasered surface shortens break-in and improves performance
3M™ Evaporation Boats 2 Series: An Improved Formula
3M™ Evaporation Boat 2L combines the advantages of lasermet and the 3M Evaporation Boats 2 Series. These products are made of 3M™ Titanium Diboride and 3M™ Boron Nitride. Our titanium diboride is electrically conductive with high resistance to chemicals and heat, and our boron nitride is thermally conductive with high electrical resistivity. Compared with previous generations of 3M™ Evaporation Boats, this improved formulation provides:
A Leader in Evaporation Boats
- Increased evaporation rates
- Up to 30% longer boat lifetime
- Improved break-in behavior
- Less spitting due to homogeneous wetting and corrosion resistance
- Energy consumption reduced by up to 10%
3M is a leading global manufacturer of evaporation boats
for metallizing applications. Suitable for all vacuum web coaters, 3M evaporation boats are made of electrically conductive ceramic composites, and are characterized by a unique combination of chemical, mechanical and electrical properties.
3M evaporation boats are the result of intensive research and development, the use of modern processing and manufacturing techniques, and high-quality 3M advanced ceramic materials. Our manufacturing processes are optimized to ensure reliable and repeatable product performance.
Learn More About the 3M™ Evaporation Boats 2 Series
(PDF, 138.21 Kb)