- Excellent resistance to most chemicals used in typical electroplating and anodizing operations
- Resists most common solvents and works at temperatures up to 170°F/76°C
- Abrasion, moisture and wear resistant to withstand rugged working conditions
- Conformable backing is ideal for use on curved and irregular surfaces
- Rubber adhesive provides excellent holding strength on many surfaces
For tape applications requiring resistance to most chemicals used in electroplating and anodizing processes, use our 3M™ Electroplating Tape 470. This tan, conformable tape features an abrasion resistant backing ideal for use with plating chemicals, anodizing chemicals, milling, etching and peening operations.
We've engineered our 3M™ Electroplating Tape 470
(PDF, 24 Kb) to withstand intense and difficult conditions associated with electroplating and anodizing processes. It's built on a flexible vinyl backing that conforms to irregular or curved surfaces. It is resistant to most common solvents and has excellent resistance to chemicals used in electroplating and anodizing. This tape will hold up while operating at temperatures of up to 170°F/76°C. When you're finished, the tape removes cleanly from most surfaces. In addition, the backing accepts marker ink and is printable using a thermal transfer process, making customization relatively easy when needed.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
- Masking during electroplating operations, including both flat strip and overlapping masks
- Masking during anodizing operations
- Wrapping, patching, coated racks and masking irregular surfaces
- Milling and etching
- Peening operations
- Sealing containers from water intrusion
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.