- They can be installed near or above buried assets
- They are easy to follow, creating a detectable path above ground
- For use in open trench and HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) applications
- They do not require batteries and there is no need to hook up an external transmitter or spend time searching for access points
- The markers work independently, so even if a section of path marking tape is cut or removed, the other markers on the tape will continue to provide an accurate location
- They come in 5 frequencies, creating a unique identification for each utility type
Our latest innovation, 3M™ EMS Path Marking Tape, is virtually a maintenance free solution for marking and locating the path of underground plastic pipes and conduits that helps eliminate the problems and costs associated with the tracer wire and test stations. 3M EMS marking tapes are embedded with markers that are activated using a 3M™ Dynatel™ Locaters 7000 Series.