- Interlocking, mushroom-shaped stems snap together for strong, fast and easy attachment
- Can be opened and re-closed in high cycle applications
- Provides hidden component attachment, preventing disruption on the show surface
- Strong holding power reduces the rattling and vibration of components
- Resistant to high temperatures and solvents
- Does not require special tools or processing equipment for installation
- Can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, helping to reduce the number of parts and assembly time
- Audibly snaps together to form a secure, dependable and repeatable attachment
- Mates with other stem densities to achieve a variety of engagement and disengagement forces
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3267 is a black, polypropylene reclosable fastener with a pop-in pinecone stem base and a square top with a stem density of 250 stems per square inch.
Interlocking mushroom-shaped polyolefin stems
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are pressed together, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the opposing mating piece, the stems snap back into their original position and the opposing mushroom heads interlock. These fasteners can provide high tensile strength but can be opened by simply cleaving or peeling open the closure.
250 stems/inch2 (39 stems/cm2)
Alignment and re-alignment are easy and no special tools are required. This means that they can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, helping to reduce the number of parts and assembly time.
Combinations of stem densities and the engaged area provide adjustable and proportional engagement and disengagement force to meet application needs. Dual Lock fasteners are offered in three different densities (stems per square inch): 170, 250 and 400. Our Dual Lock fastener SJ3267 has 250 stems per square inch, offering a secure hold, and can be mated to Type 170 or 400.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners can replace conventional mechanical fasteners in a wide range of assembly and attachment applications where reclosability or serviceability is desired. Dual Lock fasteners are used primarily to secure rigid and semi-rigid surfaces such as trim or door panels, instrument panel bezels, headliners and other automotive interior and exterior trim. Some examples of applications include:
3M Science Delivers Closures You Can Count On
- Vehicle headliners
- Attaching accessories and equipment
- Attaching window and door trim panels
- Vibration and sound damping control
- CHMSL cover plates
- Center console flanges
- Interior trim
- Sunroof rings
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are ideal for many applications where a high strength, reclosable fastening system is required. 3M engineers have uniquely combined physics and materials science to bring the automotive industry reliable fasteners that supply high performance even after exposure to high moisture levels and wide temperature ranges. For applications that require a pop-in piece and multiple closures, look no further than the long-lasting durability of our 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3267. It is yet another outstanding example of how 3M technologies advance operations in the automotive industry, providing both ease of use and superior results.
Learn more about 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners
(PDF, 2.94 Mb)